The effects¬†of potassium silicate¬†in plants
- Improve crop stress resistance
Potassium silicate can enhance the hardness and resistance of plant cell walls, thereby improving the stress resistance of crops, such as disease resistance, drought resistance, wind resistance, etc. Potassium silicate can also increase the silicon content in plants and improve the cold tolerance and disaster resistance of crops.
- Increase production
Potassium silicate can promote the growth and development of crops, increase photosynthesis and nutrient absorption, and improve crop yield and quality. At the same time, potassium silicate can also increase the number of headings, grains per spike, and thousand-grain weight of plants, further increasing crop yields.
- Improve quality
Potassium silicate can increase the silicon content and the synthesis of polyphenols in crops, thereby improving the quality of crops. For example, potassium silicate can increase the rice storage rate and rice yield rate, improve the grain shape and grain weight, etc.
Can the silicon in potassium silicate be absorbed and utilized by plants?
Plants can absorb and utilize the silicon in potassium silicate. Silicon is an important nutrient element in plant growth and plays a variety of functions in plants. It can enhance the stability of plant cell walls, improve plant stress resistance, increase plant resistance to pests and diseases, and promote plant growth and development.
In soil, silicon exists in the form of silicate ions, which can be absorbed by plant roots through osmosis. Potassium silicate is a common source of silicon. When potassium silicate is dissolved in water, silicate ions can be absorbed by plant roots and transported to various parts of the plant. Plants deposit silicon into cell walls through internal transport mechanisms and participate in the regulation of cell wall composition and morphology.
Therefore, providing an appropriate amount of potassium silicate can improve the healthy growth and development of plants and increase their resistance to stress.
Application of potassium silicate for plants in agriculture
- Potassium silicate in the essentialized cell wall can improve the mechanical strength of plant tissues, enhance the plant’s resistance to lodging, increase the degree of siliceousization on the surface of stems and leaves, and resist abiotic pressure (rain and moisture) and biotic pressure (and Diseases) resist infection by pests and diseases, and have good resistance to various diseases and pests such as rice blast, powdery mildew, canker, sun fruit, red spider mite, brown spot, anthracnose, wheat fly, stem borer and other pests.
- After use, the scattered light transmittance of leaf cells is increased by about 10 times, increasing the absorption of sunlight by the middle and lower layers of the plant, improving group photosynthesis, enlarging the chloroplasts and granas in the leaf cells, and having an obvious anti-aging effect.
- Improve the oxidation capacity and respiration rate of the roots, increase the absorption of nutrients in the water, increase the ATP content in the leaves and roots, so that the nutrients can be directly absorbed and transformed, and transported directly to the economic parts of the plant.
- Increase the activity of ribulose diphosphate carboxylase in leaves by 2 to 3 times, which can significantly increase fruit sugar content, promote rapid fruit expansion and coloring, make the fruit larger and heavier, and increase crop yield.
- Applying potassium silicate can significantly inhibit the absorption of heavy metals and toxic elements such as Cd and Cr, significantly improve acidic soil, promote the absorption of most nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, and increase fertilizer utilization by about 20%.
Scope of application: rice, wheat, citrus, apple, grape, cucumber, tomato, tea, Chinese medicinal materials and other field crops and cash crops.
Potassium silicate can be used in agricultural production through soil or foliar fertilization. Potassium silicate in the soil can be quickly converted into silicon required by plants through the metabolism of soil microorganisms, thus promoting the growth and development of plants. Foliar spraying of potassium silicate can directly absorb it into plants and increase the silicon content and stress resistance of crops.
Potassium silicate can be applied to crop production such as fruit trees and vegetables through spraying, thus improving the yield and quality of crops. Spraying can keep potassium silicate on the surface of plants, strengthen the protection of plant surfaces, and facilitate absorption by plant roots.
- Seed coating agent
Potassium silicate can form a silicon film on the surface of seeds to protect them from the external environment, thus improving the germination rate and survival rate of seeds. The potassium silicate in the seed coating agent can also promote the growth of the plant’s root system and increase the plant’s ability to resist stress.
TRUNNANO¬†is a supplier¬†of potassium silicate¬†with¬†over 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are looking for high-quality potassium silicate¬†please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.